Thursday, November 26, 2009

Module Legs

Frankly I don't like any module layout leg design I've ever seen. I've tried them all. None of them are excellent. I'm going to go back to the tubular legs again.


I ordered this set from Harbor Freight. Sometimes I get lucky with them, other times I don't. Either way if they aren't what I want I just take them back. These cost $44.97 for two sets, 4 leg systems. I'll mount one on each module. Northern Tool & Equipment had a much more sturdy looking pair, but I'm not going to put much weight at all on them so I thought it was overkill.

These legs are made with 1 1/4" steel tubing. I'll add length to them by adding more tubing and welding it in place. Tried bolting these once before, but they never get tight enough and wobble.

1 comment:

  1. Scott, they had these legs at Home Depot some time ago, also.

    Glen Frix, S&SSNC

    ReplyDelete