First thing is to correct my mess from last night. I missed the track entrance point by SEVERAL inches. Must have been more tired than I thought.
I like using the 12 penny nails better than the toothpicks! The handle more easily and don't break.
Using PL's #300 foam board adhesive, I'll glue the foam layers together.
Here is my favorite caulk gun for the tube.
Wow, this stuff is thick! My hand is killing me from just squeezing it out. We won't use this stuff again.
The section's legs are not stable enough for pressing the layers together, so I moved to the workbench.
Screw the PL 300. I'm going back to the old standby adhesive. The one thing you have to watch is that it MAY not dry. I cut into an old layout once, about 5 years old, and the glue in the middle was STILL WET! Shocked the heck out of me.
Glued and nailed. While that dries we'll install the risers.
Each block is carefully cut and remeasured as these must be DEAD ON in order to make the sections work.
Time to also cut out the pier. I put nails in it to keep it together as it is still wet.
My mobile tool tray and light are perfect! Now I can see what I'm cutting with the hot knife.
Earthquake! Must be California. Actually it is just where I cut out the pier. I'll replace the foam with a piece of luan base then build the pier pilings on it.
Done! Wow, that took forever without the big cutter. The little one just doesn't have the heat output. My kerosene heater in the back is knocking off the 18 degree temps outside.
One of the blocks had a slight crack in it which would have expanded the minute I put in the screws, so I cut another one.
There! All four blocks are in place and set the pace for the grades. See you later tonight!